Saturday, November 10, 2018

I Will Prepare You: Thoughts At Year Six

Six years ago today, my life forever changed. This morning I was thinking back about that day and remembering how much we were prompted and guided to have discussions that later prepared me to move forward after the accident. Scott and I had talked about so many specific things. On walks at night we planned what I should do if something ever happened to him. Our topics were surprisingly thorough, ranging from the realestate agent I should use to list the house, to discussions about me remarrying, to wills and estate planning and what we wanted on our tombstones. At the time I had no idea how the Lord was preparing me and what a difference our listening and heading those promptings made. I’m grateful that I had a husband who was in tune to the spirit and followed up on those things he felt he should do.

I also see how both of us were inspired to make changes in our personal goals and our family focus that prepared us individually and as a family. I watched how Scott had an increased desire to serve others and his family. The month before the accident he spent dinner time teaching his boys everything he learned from his mission. I remember a few days before, how on a walk, he had broken down about Alex leaving on his mission in eight months. He commented how badly he wanted to go with him. In the last five out of six years, I have had sons on missions. Each boy has had profound experiences with their dad while serving those missions. I strongly believe that Scott was prepared for roles he would fufill after his death.

When I think about myself, I remember creating a new mission statement a month before the accident. I wanted to be a more charitable and empathetic towards others. I was reading everything I could find on the subject and I was praying that I could figure out how to be different. Little did I know, that an experience was coming that would forever change me. I needed to face my own personal suffering in order to be able to relate to others who were also suffering. Because of those promptings, I was in a good spiritual place when Scott died and that allowed me to have other experiences that prepared me.

The night of the accident I was walking with my kids on the Galloway trail. They had all wanted to be together that night. As the sun was going down and as I watched my kids skipping ahead of me arm in arm, I had an amazing feeling of love come over me. Very clearly in my mind came the words, “If something happens to Scott, this will be enough, you can still be happy. “ At the time I was so filled with love that I thought nothing of it. As I look back, I know the five of us were not the only ones on the trail that night. We had angels walking with us. I had arms around me preparing me for what I would discover the next morning.

Last week I drove back to Springfield to speak to our college age youth group about how I have seen the Lord’s hand in my life. I used the scripture below to talk about how The Lord prepares us with light before challenging journeys.

“24 For behold, ye shall be as a whale in the midst of the sea; for the mountain waves shall dash upon you. Nevertheless, I will bring you up again out of the depths of the sea; for the winds have gone forth out of my mouth, and also the rains and the floods have I sent forth.
25 And behold, I prepare you against these things; for ye cannot cross this great deep save I prepare you against the waves of the sea, and the winds which have gone forth, and the floods which shall come. Therefore what will ye that I should prepare for you that ye may have light when ye are swallowed up in the depths of the sea?”

The morning after the accident, when my mother-in-law called to tell me that they have not landed, my mind immediately went back to the night before on the Galloway trail and I knew that I had been prepared. In that moment, time stood still and I watched myself sink to the floor and give up and despair. As my future continued to unfold I watched my children’s lives self-destruct. There was darkness everywhere...all I could think was, “There has to be a way out of this, There has to be a way out of this!” Then, out of the darkness there was light off to my side. In my mind I made the choice to turn towards it. When I made that choice, new words came into my head… “This was supposed to happen, we chose this, you have to be strong, this will heal many hearts, now go and figure out how you’re going to tell the kids.“ That day, and every day since, those words of light have carried me through the darkness. I know that day I had an angel husband standing beside me, whispering words of truth that would sustain me for the rest of my life.

The miracles that have unfolded in my life the last six years have been incredible to be a part of! God over and over again has pulled me out of the depths of the sea. He has continued to give me light and understanding, and He has allowed his angels to walk with me on this journey. He has given me a purpose. He has expanded my concept of family and given me more people to love and care for in my life.




Today I am grateful for that preparation. I’m grateful that we don’t have to walk this sometimes lonely and painful journey alone. I’m grateful that this experience of life it’s not the end, but a way for us to learn and grow and be better, and I am grateful for those waves that have propelled me on that journey.










6 comments:

  1. Beautifully written. What a powerful eperience. Thank you for sharing. God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such words of wisdom. Thank you for inspiring me! And it was great to meet you the other day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. SS7 software available to limited number of users

    SMS interception only software $100

    SMS /call Voice recording $350

    2Factor Authentication /location tracking $500

    Read and intercept SMS /phone calls / 2 factor authentications etc

    Check another person whatsapp messages

    do you have a cheating partner? let me know


    PS: this software is not be used for criminal activites
    we will not be responsible for any charges you face for involving in illegal activities.

    NO trial version, For educational purposes and for serious buyers only , do not respond to email if you have no intention to purchase

    Eail: fenzy67@gmail.com

    https://bloggerkingindia.blogspot.com/2017/03/hacking-whatsapp-with-ss7-flaw-signal.html


    I can create a fake facebook login page

    fake linkedin login page

    fake coinbase login page

    fake blockchain login page

    fake online banking login page

    fake gmail/yahoo mail and other mail login page

    learn how to use Unsubscribe options to obtain email and password

    Using hhp+html codes.... my delivery time =4hours

    informations will be delivered to you preffered email addresses

    serious enquiries only
    Strickly for educational purposes


    Eail: fenzy67@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete

  4. I provide 100% tracking numbers for different countries , including weight, shipping TO and FROM, specifics of package and all major companies, USPS, FedEx, UPS, DHL,

    It recommended for lifting paypal money on hold

    Mobile: +1 (914) 278-7320
    Mail: psoon043@gmail.com
    Telegram: https://t.me/Hackord247

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very informative, thanks for posting such informative content. Expecting more from you.
    Widow Matrimonial Services

    ReplyDelete