Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Words Spoken From the Dust: Something from My Husband's Missionary Journals

Words Spoken From the Dust



I was typing my husband's missionary journals tonight to send to my sons, and I feel like he wrote this 23 years ago just for me.  This was part of his Scripture study. I'm going to include both the verses and his notes.   This is the Savior teaching the people in the America's after his resurrection.  It is found in 3 Nephi 13: 32-34 of the Book of Mormon; however, it closely parallels what the Savior taught the Jews in the New Testament in Matthew Chapter 6.

32 For your heavenly Father knoweth that ye have need of all these things.
Verse 32- I know from personal experience that this verse is true.  Many times in my life, my prayers have been answered while I am in the process of asking.  My Father in Heaven knows all of my needs.  He knows my needs far better than I.  I am so grateful that He doesn’t always just give me what I think I need.  He gives me what He know I need.
 33 But aseek ye first the bkingdom of God and his righteousness, and all these things shall be added unto you.
Verse 33- When I do the Lord’s work first, all things truly are added unto me.  All of my desires are either fulfilled or I realize how ridiculous they are.  The Lord truly cares for me if I will nut care for His work.
 34 Take therefore no thought for the morrow, for the morrow shall take thought for the things of itself. aSufficient is the day unto the evil thereof.
Verse 34:  We should take no thought for the things that will distract us tomorrow.  There is enough evil to battle today.  It is important to realize that christ is not saying don’t plan ahead. He is just saying that we should not be overly concerned or worried.  we need only to do the Lord’s work and trust in Him.



Three things that Scott bears testimony about stand out as answers to me tonight.

1. His prayers are always answered according to his actual needs. (maybe not his wants, but what is best for him) 
2. He knows that we are blessed when we do His work, and our desires come in line with God's
3. We need to trust in the Lord and not be worried about the future.

As I look forward to this next year and all of the uncertainty I face,  these three things could not be more critical to me.  I know I need to have faith that the Lord will lead my life along the best path for me and my children.  I know I need to focus on service and doing the Lord's work so that those promised blessing can be realized. I also need to trust and not worry.  Thanks sweetie for the reminder. 



No comments:

Post a Comment