Adversity is a necessary part of life and it accelerates our growth
The intent of your Father in Heaven is to lift you from where you are to where
He knows you will have eternal purpose.
He knows that we will grow more rapidly through challenge and trial
than from a life of ease and serenity with no disturbing elements.
When faced squarely and lived fully without complaint,
trials will raise you to glorious heights of accomplishment and service.
"Shake well before using"
Such shaking comes through stirring challenges and stretching tests.
How these challenges are confronted is critically important to our happiness and personal growth now and forever.
Trials come from two sources:
1. The affects of our own transgressions
2. Testing needed to help us grow even when we are living a righteous life.
The First Source of Adversity:
Realize your full dependence upon the Lord, align your life with His teachings,
repent and seek forgiveness
The Second Source of Adversity:
(challenges often seems to come in multiple does applied simultaneously)
When trials are not the consequences of disobedience,
they are evidence that the Lord feels you are prepared to grow more
He gives us experiences that stimulate growth, understanding,
and compassion which polish you for your everlasting benefit.
Where you are -> (stretching, discomfort and pain) -> Where He wants you
How to Deal with Adversity:
- Pondering and prayer will help us understand what we are to learn from the challenges we are asked to overcome.
- Trust Him, even when in eternal perspective it temporarily hurts very much.
- He may ask you to do things which are powerfully against your will.
- The path you are to walk through life may be very different than others.
- Exercise faith and say, Let Thy will be done.
- Have patience when you are asked to wait.
- ***If all matters were immediately resolved at your first petition, you could not grow.
Such experiences, honorably met, prepare you and condition you for yet greater blessings.
He desires to share with you all that He has.
He desires to increase your capacity and continue your development.
***All TRIAL AND SUFFERING SERVE A PURPOSE AND ARE CRITICAL.***
He would have you suffer no consequence, face no challenge, endure no burden that is superfluous to your good. He would not require you to experience a moment more of difficulty than is absolutely needed for your personal benefit or for that of those you love.