Wednesday, September 11, 2013

My New Theme Song

My New Theme Song



Sept 11, 2013

I think I found my new theme song!  


...You know that song that plays in the background of a movie as the main character walks confidently down the street.  
This is my new 'confidence' song.  

Well, maybe not confidence,
 but my 'put me back together after I have had an emotional meltdown' song.

I listened to it all morning while weeding. A fellow "bible belt" friend of mine posted it in my widow/widowers Facebook  group. I love that I can find truth in all different faiths. I firmly believe that "if there is anything virtuous, lovely or of good report or praiseworthy , we should seek after these things." 


This is the hardest thing I have ever done in my life. 

It has brought me literally to my knees, and in those deep dark dispairing moments I have finally been able to see what I think I couldn't have understood or seen without this experience.


It takes a depth of pain to produce a depth of faith.

I am learning to be still, I am learning to trust Him to lead me each day, I am learn to be patient with what is given and trust that it will continue, I am learning that I cannot work my own salvation... 

That I really truly NEED Him every day...
and it is truly beautiful to live this way. 

There is so much light and hope and it all seems so much brighter in contrast to the darkness that I have felt. 

His way IS really the best way. We all struggle through life, bucking against the pricks like a tethered horse, until we finally give in and let Him take the reins. I am content to let Him do that for me now. The ride is so much smoother and we are finally on our way. 

I don’t know where to go from here 
It all used to seem so clear
I’m finding I can’t do this on my own
I don’t know where to go from here
As long as I know that You are near
I’m done fightingI
’m finally letting go
I will trust in You
You’ve never failed before
I will trust in You

[Chorus:]
If there’s a road I should walk
Help me find it
If I need to be still
Give me peace for the moment
Whatever Your will
Whatever Your will
Can you help me find it
Can you help me find it

I’m giving You fear and You give faith
I giving you doubt
You give me grace
For every step I’ve never been alone
Even when it hurts, You’ll have Your way
Even in the valley I will say
With every breath
You’ve never let me go
I will wait for You
You’ve never failed before
I will wait for You

[Chorus]

I lift my empty hands (come fill me up again)
Have Your way my King (I give my all to You)
I lift my eyes again (Was blind but now I see)
‘Cause You are all I need

[Chorus]

No comments:

Post a Comment