Wednesday, September 25, 2013

At Last I See the Light...

At Last I See the Light...




      I love the song from Disney's Tangled... At last I see the Light


 I love to look for deeper meanings in everyday things.  This song can be a sad love song for a widow who has lost her true love for a time, but it can also be one of hope about the light that Jesus Christ can bring.  

These past 10 months has taught me so much about proper priorities in my life.  

  • It has taught me to turn to God for everything, to depend on Him and live each day seeking His Spirit, direction,  guidance and counsel.  
  • It has taught me to look outside myself and serve and help others.  
  • It has made earthly things and concerns seem oh so much less significant, and it has centered my mind on things of eternal importance.  



As I listen to this song,  I realize what a fog I was living my life in.  

At first for brief moments I saw the light...  
Now those moments are longer and longer...
Things seem so much clearer and...
 I realize this is where I was always meant to be. 

Does that mean I love my husband less? 


No, I love him all the more, with a purer, deeper love

I understand that this separation was necessary for my own personal growth, so that I could come to see the light and be better prepared for that glorious reunion with Scott and with my Savior.  

Some of you may ask, 

How is it possible to pray and have those burdens lifted?  How is it possible to study and ponder and have knowledge, wisdom, understanding and inspiration imparted?


It is possible because of God's complete and perfect love for us.

He wants more than anything to bless us, He only allows us to have these struggles so we will grow, and as soon as we begin that process He is willing to bless us, to feed us hope, to give us light and to surround us in His comforting arms. 

I like to remember the verse in the scriptures that say, 
"Come unto Christ all ye that are heavy laden."  
Remember... His yoke is light, He will be our partner in this, yoked together with us, He will take the greater share of the weight.  Don't do it alone. 




All those days watching from the windows
All those years outside looking in
All that time never even knowing
Just how blind I've been
Now I'm here, blinking in the starlight
Now I'm here, suddenly I see
Standing here, it's oh so clear
I'm where I'm meant to be
(Chorus)
And at last I see the light
And it's like the fog has lifted
And at last I see the light
And it's like the sky is new
And it's warm and real and bright
And the world has somehow shifted

All at once everything looks different
Now that I see you

All those days chasing down a daydream
All those years living in a blur
All that time never truly seeing
Things, the way they were
Now she's here shining in the starlight
Now she's here, suddenly I know

If she's here it's crystal clear
I'm where I'm meant to go


And at last I see the light
And it's like the fog is lifted
And at last I see the light
And it's like the sky is new
And it's warm and real and bright
And the world has somehow shifted

All at once, everything is different
Now that I see you,
Now that I see you! 


http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=hYbHzzWmKUs



No comments:

Post a Comment