Thursday, September 19, 2013


21 Principles : Divine Truths to Help You Live By The Spirit


Brand new idea for a post that I am really excited about.  I just got Elder Scott's new book, 21 Principles : Divine Truths to Help You Live By The Spirit.  He has been one of my mentors through this whole process, having lost his wife 18 years ago.  I firmly and totally believe that feeling the Spirit is the key to getting through grief and learning what the Lord wants to teach us.  Never before in my life have I sought as hard as I do now to have the Spirit with me always.  For this post, I want to highlight a principle every couple of days and have people comment on experiences with these principles.  I think we could all find a few principles of which we have strong experiences and testimonies to share and others that we need to focus on.  So.... I invite you to join me on this journey.  The intro today......


We have always benefitted from OBEDIENCE to True Principles.

Principles are ANCHORS of safety that provide PROTECTION in life's storms of adversity.

The Savior teaches us correct principles and lets us govern ourselves.  How will we each do that governing?

Make principles established patterns of life
        We must go through.... WRENCHING battles within the secret chambers
                                                   of our hearts
        we must have........DECISIVE encounters to overcome temptation
        we must resist.......... peer pressure and the false allure of the
                                                     "easy way out."

RESOLUTELY following correct principles will FORGE strength of character

These results are so eternally worthwhile that they warrant your every sacrifice!

KEY: As you seek spiritual knowledge, search for principles.  Principles are concentrated truth, packaged for applications to a wide variety of circumstances.

True Principles make decisions CLEAR even under confusing and challenging circumstances.
     
TOMORROW: PRINCIPLE 1: "Ask and ye shall receive, knock and it shall be opened unto you" (3 Nephi 27:29)

No comments:

Post a Comment