Monday, October 21, 2013

Principle 6: Accepting God’s Will Brings Peace


Principle 6
Accepting God’s Will Brings Peace


It is so hard when sincere prayer about something we desire very much is not answered the way we want.  It is especially difficult when the Lord answers ‘no’ to that which is worthy and would give us great joy and happiness.

Asking questions that oppose God’s will leads us to blind alleys and despair.  Instead ask questions that express humility...
“What am I to do?”
“What am I to learn from this experience?”
“What am I to change?”
“Whom am I to help?”
“How can I remember my many blessings in times of trial?”

Willing sacrifice of deeply held personal desires in favor of God’s will is very hard to do.... but it puts us in the strongest position to receive maximum help.

Life is an EXPERIENCE IN PROFOUND TRUST
trust in.... Jesus Christ
       His teachings
       Our capacity to be led by the Holy Ghost
      Our capacity to obey

Trust: obey willingly without knowing the end.

We must trust the Lord more than our own personal feelings and experiences. 

When we pass through trials for His purposes...
                                   if we trust and have faith.....
                                                 We will get His help

Our acceptance or lack of acceptance does not change God’s will, but it does change the effect on us personally.  Acceptance allows us to receive help and blessings.  Nonacceptance leaves us to our own devices.

Gentle imperceptible prompting (if followed) can be enlarged
 to CLEAR UNDERSTANDING of His WILL.

“Ask, and ye shall receive” (3 Nephi 27:29) does not assure that you will get what you WANT, but if worthy, you will get what you NEED.

Accepting the will of the Lord, does not eliminate the struggles necessary for growth, but it is the best way to find STRENGTH and UNDERSTANDING.
                                                           .........This allows for a productive, meaningful life.

The Lord’s plan is to exalt you to live with Him.
.....The rate which you qualify is set by your capacity...
to MATURE, 
to GROW, 
to LOVE, 
and to GIVE of yourself.

Our FAITH and WILLINGNESS to do what he asks, even though we desire something else will lead to GREAT ENLIGHTENMENT.

As you trust Him...
SEEK and FOLLOW His will...
you will receive BLESSINGS your mind cannot COMPREHEND



My thoughts: 
Scott was my world.  When he was taken
I felt like everything I had every wished for and hoped for had shattered.  So often I wanted to crumble and somehow just cease to exist, yet my four children and something deep inside of me would not allow me to give up despite the intense pain and sorrow that I felt.  So I did the only thing that I knew I could do.  I looked up out of the hole that I had ben placed in.  I prayed with more purpose and fervency than I had ever thought possible in my whole life. I remember one night when I did not sleep and I prayed the whole night through. These were the questions I asked, and these were the questions that prompted the answers that have changed my life.  These are the questions that have resulted in comfort and peace and resolve to do whatever he wants me to do.  These are the questions that are shaping my life, directing me and teaching me, and changing me into the person I want to be. This is the ONLY way to get that help that I so desperately need.  PROFOUND TRUST.  You learn that in trial like this.  You realize there is no way possible for you to see or understand the end result.  The only way to make it safely through the dark is to let Him lead you by the hand.  Fighting against Him has only allowed me to stay in despair longer.  I have learned when I struggle to turn to the Lord in prayer listen for those ideas to come into my mind.  Then I have learned to be completely and promptly obedient to them.  As I have done this more understanding has come and I have had great power to endure and do what I need to.  

I have been very much impressed by the idea that we can control the rate of our growth through our own willingness to turn our will to him.  If we have the capacity to grow, mature, love, and give of ourselves then our rate is not limited.  I’ve asked before, “Is there an AP version of this grieving thing?”  I am often anxious to learn what I need to so I can move forward.  That is just my personality.  If there is a project, I jump right on it and tackle it.  Unfortunately my capacity is what is limiting my rate right now.  Still working on the capacity thing.  I think the key is working on loving and serving and being absolutely diligent in everything the Lord has asked me to do.  Putting Him first in my life and giving up those little sins that keep me from Him.  That is really hard to do, but I have a big incentive now.  

   

No comments:

Post a Comment