Sunday, June 30, 2013

Consecration June 30, 2013

A Consecrated Life





June 30, 2013

My oldest son got set apart as a missionary today. He leaves for Chile on Tuesday for two years. I came across this relating to the hymn, "I'll go where you want me to go," and I thought it applied to my journey as well.  As I have consecrated myself more fully to God, His grace has enabled me.


A life of consecration doesn’t mean only consecrating those things that are easy to give. Consecration means giving ANYTHING we’re asked to give and trusting that God knows why He is asking it of us. I’ll go where you want me to go, even if it’s in a hospital bed, even if it’s back to Heaven early, or even if it’s to remain here on earth while those we love are called back to their heavenly home. It all comes down to this: Do we trust God? Do we believe He can do all things? Do we believe He is in the details of our lives? Do we believe He loves us and wants what is best for us? If so, I’ll go where you want me to go, dear Lord, even when it’s very difficult.

No comments:

Post a Comment