Saturday, March 8, 2014

Will My Heart Fail Me?

Will My Heart Fail Me?



This life is an experience in PROFOUND TRUST

"Willing sacrifice of deeply held personal desires in favor of the will of God is very hard to do."

I watched this video clip this morning and it reminded me of my husband's plan accident.  As I heard Russell M Nelson describe the fire on the plane and it plummeting, I thought of Scott and his dad in our plane.  It was a great comfort to me to hear him say that he was completely calm because he knew that he was ready to meet his maker.  I thought of Scott and his dad and I knew that they had felt that same calmness.  I have felt that calmness too whenever I have turned to God.
"If you have faith, you can handle difficulties, knowing that with an eternal perspective that all will be well." - Elder Nelson
I have to go back and remind myself when new difficulties come, that the Lord is in charge of my life.  If I am trying to do what is right then He will take care of me in the end.  When I am struggling it is only because there is something important He is trying to teach me.

"Although it may not be welcome insight, the truth is that you will grow more rapidly through challenge and trial than from a life of ease and serenity with no disturbing elements.  The intent of your Father in Heaven is to lift you from where you are to where He knows you will have eternal purpose and unspeakable happiness." - Richard G Scott

People will be afraid in these last days... because they forget their IDENTITY and their PURPOSE.

Q: Who am I?  

A: I am a daughter of God and He loves me and knows me individually


Q:What is my Purpose?  

A: To become someone better... to someday become like Him



Heart aches will come... they are inevitable.

But they are "giant steps intended to lift you to higher levels of understanding and accomplishment."
-Richard G Scott

If you are weak in the heart or fearful in the heart, be patient with yourself.  Don't demand things that are unreasonable, but demand of yourself improvement. Put your trust in the Lord even though you do not know how He will fix things.

As you let the Lord help you, HE WILL MAKE THE DIFFERENCE and you will come to know Him in deeper and stronger ways.

Trusting him and turning your will over to Him will allow Him to bestow far greater blessings and enlightenment upon you.

I am grateful for the Gospel of Jesus Christ that gives me strength to get through difficult times.






Remember that  "He would have you suffer no consequence, face no challenge, endure no burden that  is superfluous to your good.  He would not require you to experiences a moment more of difficulty than is absolutely needed for your personal benefit or for that of those you love." 
- Richard G Scott

See also these previous blogs about getting through trials :



No comments:

Post a Comment