Friday, August 30, 2013

A great example to me


A Great Example to Me


Aug 30, 2013
One of my really good friends just moved away today . Feeling kind of sad, but I wanted to share why she and her family touched my life so much. Rachel and her family moved to Springfield just a few months before Scott died. She's about 10 years younger than me with 3 little kids (oldest just started kindergarten). Not a family that I would have ever thought would take an interest in me. Despite the differences in our families, after Scott died she began texting to just check on me. She noticed at church when I was struggling and invited us for dinner right after ( no small task considering that I have 3 teenage boys that eat a lot and that it might be uncomfortable without me having a husband.). They just didn't care about the any of that, she just dropped everything and made it work, not just once, but over and over again. Like most young couples they were not a family of a lot of means, but that didnt stop them either. She had my daughter babysit and my son watch their dogs. Her husband took an interest in my boys. They were heaven sent especially for us. How blessed I feel to have such a special friend who loved us so unconditionally. That is the gospel in action. I told my kids after prayers this morning to remember their example and to carry on that legacy when they are young married couples. Look for people in need and reach out, don't be so busy that you don't have time to see them or do something about it. Thanks Rachel for a wonderful lesson!

No comments:

Post a Comment