Thursday, April 18, 2013

Faith April 18, 2013

April 18, 2013 (5 months)

I have been looking up faith in the scriptures and here are some of my thoughts...

There is a connection between faith and deliverance from trials. The Lord will deliver us if we have faith and patiently submit to His will. Life is about learning to subject our will to His and to put total trust in Him, following Him by keeping our covenants and the commandments. As we do this, blessing will come our way, and we will see that His plan is better than our own and that His hand was present, delivering us from our trials in His due time while giving us the power and strength to ensure them.

"But behold, I, Nephi, will show unto you that the tender mercies of the Lord are over all those whom he hath chosen, because of their faith, to make them mighty even unto the power of deliverance"-1 Nephi 1:20

"I prayed unto the Lord, saying: O Lord, according to my faith which is in thee, wilt thou deliver me " 1 Nephi 7:17

"... they were brought into bondage, and none could deliver them but the Lord their God...And it came to pass that he did deliver them, and he did show forth his mighty power unto them, and great were their rejoicings."- Mosiah 23: 23-24

"...that they should not be frightened, but that they should remember the Lord their God and he would deliver them. Therefore they hushed their fears, and began to cry unto the Lord" - Mosiah 23:27-28

"so great were their afflictions that they began to cry mightily to God... And it came to pass that the voice of the Lord came to them in their afflictions, saying: Lift up your heads and be of good comfort, for I know of the covenant which ye have made unto me; and I will covenant with my people and deliver them out of bondage.14 And I will also ease the burdens which are put upon your shoulders, that even you cannot feel them upon your backs, even while you are in bondage; and this will I do that ye may stand as witnesses for me hereafter, and that ye may know of a surety that I, the Lord God, do visit my people in their afflictions."-Mosiah 24:10,13-14

Finally, when you get discouraged, and you will, remember the words of Nephi...


" Yea, and how is it that ye have forgotten that the Lord is able to do all things according to his will, for the children of men, if it so be that they exercise faith in him? Wherefore, let us be faithful to him." 1 Nephi 7:12

No comments:

Post a Comment